Zodiacal Motion: Inner Planets
- How are planets distinguished from fixed stars?
- Wandering motion
- Rising points on the horizon
- Which constellations, for the most part, contain the planets?
- List the two inner planets.
- How bright can Venus appear?
- Record the bounded elongation of...
- Mercury: _______°
- Venus: _______°
- Are Mercury and Venus ever visible at midnight?
- Define conjunction.
- Why is a planet invisible during its conjunction
with the sun?
- How many conjunctions do Venus and Mercury pass through
during a single synodic cycle?
- Record the length of Mercury's synodic cycle, from one
conjunction to the next moving in the same direction: _______
- Compare the sidereal (zodiacal) period of the Sun with the
average sidereal period of the two inner planets. Are they